22nd Annual Dave Spencer Ski Classic
February 21st-23rd, 2020
Dave Spencer is right around the corner – get your fundraising going with the 2020 Fundraising Tool Kit!
Dave Spencer Ski Classic and ASA’s mission were featured in the Durango Herald in March 2014. Read the article on Regaining Freedom here!
The Dave Spencer Ski Classic is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Individuals with and without disabilities ski side-by-side during this week of fun as they hit the slopes to raise money and support our mission of making outdoor recreation accessible to everyone. Teams and individuals win prizes for everything from the best costumes to the most money raised and the biggest wipe out. It’s a weekend of snow-packed entertainment that embodies true community spirit.
It’s time to form your team for 2020! Grab your friends, family members, neighbors, and co-workers to help us raise money to support the ASA mission. This is our largest fundraiser of the year, and we so appreciate each of our teams for their registration fee and all the extra fundraising they do on behalf of ASA!
Teams should consist of 5 people for Saturday’s Race or 2-5 people for Sunday’s Mountain Rally. If you’d like to join but need more members or would like to be placed on a team, give us a call at (970)-259-0374 or email email@example.com and we’re happy to help! Your online registration form will ask this too, so we’ll reach out if we have questions!
- General Registration – $750 ($150/team member)
- Active Winter Participants & Volunteers – $500 ($100/team member)
- Kids (17 & under) – $300 ($60/team member)
To participate, REGISTER ONLINE HERE to register yourself and/or a team for Saturday’s Race and Sunday’s Mountain Rally. All participants need to fill out the following two participation waivers to be officially registered:
Raise money for your team!
While each team pays their registration fee, this event is all about supporting the programs at ASA, and we would love for each team to set a fundraising goal!
If you want to get your fundraising start online but aren’t sure how. Here are two helpful how to’s:
- Start a Go Fund Me & Share it on Social Media – Click here for instructions
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser – Click here for instructions and make sure you designate us – “DISABLED SPORTS USA-Adaptive Sports Association” in Durango, CO
Call us at (970)-259-0374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for ways you can start to fund raise.
Support a Team!
Our teams need your support to reach their fundraising goals! Click the donate button below, and include the team name that you’d like to support. You can also call the office at (970)-259-0374 to pay over the phone, or mail a check to P.O. Box 1884, Durango, CO 81302.
Welcome Dinner & Registration – Friday, February 21st – Wells Group, 1130 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301 – 5:30-7:30pm
Race Event & Lunch – Saturday, February 22nd – 8:30a-3p – Dave Spencer Center at Purgatory Resort
- This race event is all about if you can predict your race time and “hit it.” Prizes will be awarded for consistency, speed, and of course, the best wipe out!
Mountain Rally & Lunch – Sunday, February 23rd – 9:30a Start – Dave Spencer Center at Purgatory Resort
- Participate in the mountain scavenger hunt and poker run. Prizes will be awarded for the best poker hand, correct trivia answers, and other goofy happening including costumes!
Awards Dinner – Sunday, February 23rd – 5:30-8pm at the DoubleTree Hotel
- Please RSVP to this event by Monday, February 17th – If you didn’t RSVP on your online registration, call (970)-259-0374 or email email@example.com to reserve your spots!
COSTUMES: As always, we encourage costumes at the Ski Events! Family friendly costumes are encouraged and prizes will be given to individuals and teams. Here’s your chance to be outrageous, but remember this is a family event! Your current Snowdown costume will make for the perfect attire!
ATTENDING DSSC 2020 FROM OUT OF TOWN
Coming from out of town? We have access to discounted rooms at the Hampton Inn. Give us a call at (970)-259-0374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we are happy to help make arrangements.