These links are provided by the Adaptive Sports Association for the benefit of individuals within the disability community. We do not endorse any of these products or services. They are however a great resource when researching adaptive sports.
If you have a link that you would like to share, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Cadence Therapeutic Riding – Professional therapeutic equestrian services to children and adults with physical, cognitive, emotional or developmental needs.
- Colorado Special Olympics – Year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with developmental disabilities, opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
- Common Ground Outdoor Adventures – Adaptive recreation program located in Logan, Utah. Offers activities to people of all ages, with all types of disabilities
- Community Connections, Inc. – A non-profit in the Southwest that provides 24/7 comprehensive services to people with developmental disabilities.
- Disabled Online – A web resource for people with Disabilities and their families. Products, organizations and other resources.
- Disabled Sports USA – Offers nationwide sports rehabilitation programs to anyone with a permanent physical disability. Activities include winter skiing, water sports, summer and winter competitions, fitness and special sports events.
- Freedom Factory – Designers and builders of quality semi-custom and custom winter sports equipment for the disabled community for over 16 years.
- Home Advisor – Home Advisor helps people with disabilities find home modifications e.g. a wheelchair ramp at a reasonable price.
- Lightner Creek Campground – Camping with disabilities in the Durango area. Lightner Creek Campground is a disability friendly campground with asphalt sites.
- Medicine Horse Center– Located just north of Durango, Medicine Horse Center provides equine assisted therapies.
- National Sports Center for the Disabled – Winter Park – offering outdoor recreation opportunities to individuals with disabilities.
- People First Language – Kathie Snow’s booklet on speaking thoughtfully and according all people the respect and understanding that they are due as individuals.
- Purgatory Resort – Four Season Mountain Resort and Community. Hosts to the Adaptive Sports Association Winter Program.
- Rocky Mountain PSIA – Located in Steamboat CO Part of the Nation Professional Ski Instructors of America created to Insure quality Ski and Snowboard Instructors are teaching lessons across the nation.
- Southwest Center for Independence – A Durango based self-help center for people with disabilities.
- Sport Aid – Sport Aid is one of the largest suppliers of manual wheelchairs, sport specific chairs, and accessories.
- US Adaptive Recreation Center – Southern California, Bear Mountain Resort – The first full-time on-site adaptive ski school in Southern California at Bear Mountain Resort. Adaptive water sports and summer camping programs were added in 1993, and continue to evolve today.