These links are provided by Adaptive Sports Association for the benefit of individuals within the disability community. We do not endorse any of these products or services. They are however a great resource when researching adaptive sports.
If you have a link that you would like to share, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cadence Therapeutic Riding – Professional therapeutic equestrian services to children and adults with physical, cognitive, emotional or developmental needs.
- Colorado Special Olympics – Year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with developmental disabilities, opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
- Common Ground Outdoor Adventures – Adaptive recreation program located in Logan, Utah. Offers activities to people of all ages, with all types of disabilities
- Community Connections, Inc. – A non-profit in the Southwest that provides 24/7 comprehensive services to people with developmental disabilities.
- Disabled Online – A web resource for people with Disabilities and their families. Products, organizations and other resources.
- Disabled Sports USA – Offers nationwide sports rehabilitation programs to anyone with a permanent physical disability. Activities include winter skiing, water sports, summer and winter competitions, fitness and special sports events.
- Freedom Factory – Designers and builders of quality semi-custom and custom winter sports equipment for the disabled community for over 16 years.
- Home Advisor – Home Advisor helps people with disabilities find home modifications e.g. a wheelchair ramp at a reasonable price.
- Lightner Creek Campground – Camping with disabilities in the Durango area. Lightner Creek Campground is a disability friendly campground with asphalt sites.
- Medicine Horse Center– Located just north of Durango, Medicine Horse Center provides equine assisted therapies.
- National Sports Center for the Disabled – Winter Park – offering outdoor recreation opportunities to individuals with disabilities.
- People First Language – Kathie Snow’s booklet on speaking thoughtfully and according all people the respect and understanding that they are due as individuals.
- Purgatory Resort – Four Season Mountain Resort and Community. Hosts to the Adaptive Sports Association Winter Program.
- Rocky Mountain PSIA – Located in Steamboat CO Part of the Nation Professional Ski Instructors of America created to Insure quality Ski and Snowboard Instructors are teaching lessons across the nation.
- Southwest Center for Independence – A Durango based self-help center for people with disabilities that offers
- Southwest Center for Independence now offers new Medicaid Non-emergent Medical Transportation Service for the Durango area, Southwest Rides!
- Sport Aid – Sport Aid is one of the largest suppliers of manual wheelchairs, sport specific chairs, and accessories.
- US Adaptive Recreation Center – Southern California, Bear Mountain Resort – The first full-time on-site adaptive ski school in Southern California at Bear Mountain Resort. Adaptive water sports and summer camping programs were added in 1993, and continue to evolve today.